WinUAE v3.6.1. Final Released!
WinUAE v3.6.1 Final is released. WinUAE is the commodore amiga emulator for Windows. WinUAE is a mostly complete software emulation of the hardware of the Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000. A Commodore Amiga, for those who don’t know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680×0 CPU and a few specially designed custom chips that provide very good graphics and sound capabilities. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models.
WinUAE is a port of the originally written for Unixish systems UAE; but over time, it seems the Windows port, WinUAE has become the best version available on any platform. WinUAE is free software: you are welcome to distribute copies of it and/or modify it, under certain conditions. There is no warranty of any kind for UAE. For more details concerning these issues, please read the GNU General Public License, which describes the terms under which WinUAE is distributed.
| Download WinUAE v3.6.1. Final Here |
For a list of changes, click “Continue Reading”
3.6.0 bugs fixed:
– Crash when running on first Windows 10 release version (build 10240) .
– D3D11 mode fullscreen to/from windowed mode change crashes/blank screens.
– D3D11 mode on screen leds on the fly on/off switching.
– D3D11 mode screenshot via GUI button didn’t work.
– Floppy sound type selection was not loaded correctly from config file.
– It was not possible to create “DOS” file names like “AUX” to directory filesystem.
Older bugs fixed:
– Floppy sound used incorrectly empty drive volume level in certain situations.
– PPC emulation interrupt handling rewrite, fixes for example hang/crash problems with NE2000 based network adapters under OS4.
– Not all Advanced chipset options reset when compatible checkbox was ticked.
– Autoscale ignored small vertical display areas in very top of display in some situations.
– Fixed random crash when at least one Input panel custom event string was set, Restart was clicked and then emulation was started again.
– Blizzard SCSI Kit IV (possibly others) SCSI phase error in certain situations.
– Added better validation to clipboard sharing IFF parsing to prevent crashes if data is truncated.
– -joyport2 -config entry incorrectly used port 3 slot.
– Game Ports panel selected Custom input mapping reverted to none in some situations.
– Restart didn’t completely free configured emulated network cards.
– Other misc bugs fixed.
– OCS/ECS only BPLCON2 undocumented feature: “illegal” PF1 or PF2 value is now accurately emulated in dual playfield mode.
– If selected D3D11 fullscreen refresh rate is “default”: always prefer highest supported refresh rate.
– Optional threaded emulated RTG VRAM to host OS surface color space conversion/copy.
– Added “Identity” checkbox to Add harddrive panel. If ticked and ATA identity can be read (Direct IDE connection, compatible USB adapter): real ATA identity data is used in emulated ATA device instead of generic UAE generated and drive appears exactly as it does in real hardware (identical name, geometry etc).
– CHS-only IDE drives can now be mounted in emulation and they appear with real size and geometry when using USB adapters that allow identity read but does not support CHS (for example common JMicron based adapters).
New emulated expansions:
– Elsat Mega Ram HD
– Progressive Peripherals & Software Zeus 040
and more as usual.
Tags: Commodore Amiga, Vintage Computing