WinUAE v4.2.1 Released!
WinUAE v4.2.1 is out now! This new version fixes a few bugs found on the 4.2.0 version, plus some other old bugs. Make sure you read the entire post to see exactly what was fixed!
WinUAE is the Commodore Amiga hardware emulator for Windows. The Amiga, for those who don’t know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680×0 CPU architecture with a few specially designed custom chips that provided very good graphics and sound capabilities that were ahead of their time way back then. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models.
WinUAE is a port of the originally written for Unixish systems UAE; but over time, it seems the Windows port, WinUAE has become the best version available on any platform. WinUAE is free software: you are welcome to distribute copies of it and/or modify it, under certain conditions. There is no warranty of any kind for UAE. For more details concerning these issues, please read the GNU General Public License, which describes the terms under which WinUAE is distributed.
For a list of changes, take a look below:
4.2.0 bugs fixed:
- Picasso IV and uaegfx YUV (video) overlay fixed. Didn’t affect RGB overlays.
- Reset/restart didn’t reset overlay state.
- Graphics corruption in some AGA programs (for example Alien Breed 3D).
Old bug fixed:
- PPC emulation + Picasso IV: some programs had incorrect colors (For example Shogo MAD).
- A2386SX bridgeboard unreliable/hanging floppy access fixed.
- Changing accelerator board options (jumpers etc) on the fly didn’t do anything.
- Fixed hang when attempting to play physical CD32 CD with video tracks.
- Fixed crash when mounting UAE controller HDF with more than 30 partitions.